Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Weapons of our Warfare 2

"Our Mind, a Battleground"

“And every proud thing that raises itself against the
knowledge of God. We capture every thought and make it
give up and obey Christ.” 2 Corinthians 10:5 NCV

King James Bible quoted: “Casting down imaginations,
and every high thing that exalteth itself against the
knowledge of God, and bringing into captivity every
thought to the obedience of Christ.” 2 Cor. 10:5

Our warfare is against spiritual forces of wickedness
so what are the worldly weapons we should be aware of?
Our mind is a battleground. All kinds of things come to
our thoughts. What should we really do then? God’s Word
from 2 Cor. 10:5 tells us to put down any imaginations
in the thought that goes against God’s Words. If we want
to capture every thought into captivity to Christ, begin
with the Word of God that will show us the way of life.

One afternoon I watched a TBN program. There was one
famous preacher that I didn’t like. One Saturday early
morning I woke up alert around 2:30 am and felt an urge
to turn on TBN which I normally do not watch TV in an
early morning. I tune in the program and the director
introduced the same famous person that I didn’t like.
During the interview, the director was asking him several
questions briefly about his life. What makes him so special
that people could feel God’s Presence in this man. Through
the interview, I got to know him better and I was shocked
to learn where he came from and how he identified himself.

It was then I realized that the Holy Spirit had wanted to
help me with my wrong ‘imagination’ about this man. Holy
Spirit got me to watch the TBN and He was able to correct
me. I realized I hurt God by wrongly judging this man I
didn’t even know who he was. I felt ashamed and I asked
God for forgiveness. He helped me put my wrong thought
into captivity of dislike into obedience of Christ and
God encouraged me to bless this man instead of judging
him. My friend, ‘watch what you are thinking.’