Thursday, December 11, 2014

Good News! 12/11

Prayer Praise Report for Tony Callies and Terry Newman:

On Wednesday, Dec. 10th, Tony Callies went to Pulmonary Doctor to check his lungs and actually he is doing fine. Didn't really need to see him in the first place. The reason we came to this doctor was the question I asked his Cardiology doctor how would she know if Tony is completely free from the blood clots since last year he went to ER for that. The medicine he takes was about Pradaxa. That is when the doctor gave details that we didn't know about. Pradaxa does not cure blood clots. Pradaxa only prevent the cells from multiply the blood clots and it allows the nature to heal the blood clots itself. So now it seems he doesn't have blood clots as long as he keeps taking Pradaxa to prevent it. So that was the information we needed to hear and didn't know that for one whole year!

About Tony's flu that he had last week, I actually thought he had a problem and I was ready to take him to ER, but Tony kept telling me to wait one more day to make sure. Each day, he seems better and better which I was relief. I also use Pulse Oximeter for testing with finger to check his oxygen measure to make sure he was above 92 and etc.

Then Tuesday morning on Dec. 9th, I discovered Tony had shingles so I called his family doctor immediately to see if he could get his medicine right away. That same morning, the Doctor checked on Tony and prescribed medicine for him. What's amazing was that Tony did not have any pain and it did not show any raw spots. It seems to be dried up. The doctor was surprised. Most shingles were painful, but Tony did not feel any pains. I believed your prayers must have done that. 

Lastly before the doctor left, he teased Tony said that he will see him for 23 more years. Tony responds, "No way will I live that long. Give me a break!." They laughed and then doctor said, "See me next year for routine check up." Then the nurse came in and she took the time to explain what Tony had was actually flu because last week many people and children got the flu and it was going around. She explained that it was probably why Tony was exposed to the flu at that time. Also that it wasn't really his body that had problems as we had assumed. It was flu so naturally, Tony is okay.

So I believe your prayers kept Tony from getting too sick which usually last two weeks. Instead he got better after five days and much better two more days later. Today, he said, "Boy, I really felt good and much better. I appreciated the prayers very much."

Terry Newman had high cholesterol level which made him passed out. The doctor gave him medicine to keep the cholesterol on lower level. What I am thankful for that it happened at the hospital when the nurse was there to help him right away. God knows how to take care of His people. So thank you for your prayers!

Dorothy Callies

No comments: