Monday, January 25, 2016

Card Verse CONFIDENCE 1/25

25 Jan 2016 - CONFIDENCE – Card Verse for the Day by Dorothy Callies

“Be not afraid of sudden fear, neither of the desolation of the wicked, when it cometh. For the LORD shall be thy confidence, and shall keep thy foot from being taken.” Proverbs 3:25-26, KJV.

I was thinking of what was going on in the East Coast of U.S. since a friend shared the alarming news what people were going through. Snow piled up, electricity went off and more … Some southern part of California have not received any rain since Christmas of 2015. My niece shared her concern so I mentioned that I would pray for rain to come and would share this with friends to join in prayers.

Then I saw this card verse for the day, God spoke to my heart and I used NLT to understand this better. “You need not be afraid of disaster or the destruction that comes upon the wicked, for the LORD is your security. He will keep your foot from being caught in a trap.” Prov. 3:25-26, NLT.

I quoted to myself: For the Lord shall be my confidence … I will put my feeling of trust in the Lord … For the Lord is my security … I will put my mind to rest in Him … I will trust the Lord with all my heart … I remember the chorus that Tony and I often sang, “Cast not away your confidence,” saith the Lord thy God.

Song: I Believe the Answer’s on the Way
          (From Inspiring Choruses)
I believe the answer’s on the way;
I believe the Lord has heard me pray;
“Cast not away your confidence,”
Saith the Lord our God.
Now by faith in Him alone I stand,
Firmly held by His almighty hand;
Fully trusting in His promise,
       Praise the Lord!

Prayer: Thank You, Lord for continue to speak to our hearts, not to be afraid of sudden fear when we hear disaster news. Thank You, Lord that You remind us not to worry about the desolation of the wicked, but to keep praying for them to turn to You in time of trouble. I remember a verse from *Hebrew 10:35 “Cast not away therefore your confidence, which hath great recompense of reward.” Thank You, Lord. In Jesus’ name I pray, amen!

**Hebrews 10:35-36, NLT “Do not throw away this confident trust in the Lord, no matter what happens. Remember the great reward it brings you! Patient endurance is what you need now, so you will continue to do God’s will. Then you will receive all that He has promised.”

No comments: