Saturday, October 26, 2013

With Moses, With You

Bread Verse by Dorothy Callies

Joshua 1:5 “… as I was with Moses so I will be with thee: I will not fail thee, nor forsake thee” (KJV).

Twice, two different Bread verses appeared. The first one I read the verse was sitting at the kitchen “desk” and I felt like it was for me only. Then later in the restroom, I took out another Bread box verse, the same one, huh? Lord, did You really want me to work on Joshua 1:5? I believe God wants to speak to you today.

Do you ever felt like God isn’t answering any prayers? Again God said, “I will be with you, just as I was with Moses. I will never leave you. I will never desert you” (NIRV). Do you ever felt like God isn’t keeping His promises? Again God said, “Just as I was with Moses, so I will be with you. I will not leave you or forget you” (NCV).

Who was God speaking to? Joshua! He is speaking to us, also. God’s foundational promise was to Joshua. Moses had just died and this leaves Joshua alone to carry the burden of millions of Israelite. He promised Joshua, “I will be with thee: I will not fail thee, nor forsake thee.”

Today, we have His Presence through Jesus Christ and also through the Holy Spirit that was poured out upon us. For us that was a double blessing that Joshua only had God’s presence in his time. Yet, God had kept His promise with Joshua all through his life time. We read of all the tribes that Joshua led and he helped established 12 tribes. If God had helped Joshua, how much more could He help you today?

So let us trust our loving God today! I found the song that is new to me.

Song: In Your Presence

In Your presence, in Your presence, there is peace;
In Your presence, in Your presence, there is joy.
I will linger, I will stay in Your presence day by day
that Your likeness may be seen in me.
(J.D. and Steven Ray Phifer, Sing His Praise)

PS. Linger means take time.

Prayer: Dear Heavenly Father, in time like this, we need Your presence to assure us that You will do what Your plans are. We really need miracles from You and we are trusting that You will do as You have promised. Help us to really, really and to really, really believe in You. Sometimes our flesh tempts us to “doubt” You, but we speak to our flesh, “Trust God.” So we trust You in Jesus’ name, we pray, Amen!

No comments: