Wednesday, January 28, 2015

#05 Jan 28 Prayer Requests for 2 Ladies fell on Ice

Psalm 23:1-3a. NIRV, “The Lord is my shepherd. He gives me everything I need. He lets me lie down in the fields of green grass. He leads me beside quiet waters. He gives me new strength.”

Prayer Requests for both ladies who fell down on ice.

Monika Couch: She slipped on black ice (unseen) as she left the Downers Grove Library on Jan. 3rd.  As she fell, her right foot went under her and her weight came down on the foot.  It broke the small bone in her leg (Tibia or Fibula) near the ankle.  That is over 3 weeks ago.

Her requests are two.  That the broken bone might quickly heal and that the blood clot that was discovered a week later would dissolve without moving into the areas of the heart, lungs, or brain.  If it reaches these sensitive areas, it can cause death.  She is being treated for both of these problems by two different doctors. 

Thursday, we go to see the Orthopedic Doctor (bone doctor) and he will check to see how the break is healing.  (Monika hopes that he will allow her walk without the "Boot".)  The Boot is a replacement for a cast. The cast can not be removed until healed, but the boot allows removal for showers, and at night.  The normal time for healing is 4-6 weeks.  Four weeks would be quick and 6 weeks would be slower.  This Saturday (1/31)  will be 4 weeks. Lloyd Couch

1/27/15 Jeanne Reis: Thank you for the devotion. Please pray for me as my right arm is starting to heal up slowly. On Dec. 1st, I fell down on the ice and my right arm broke in two places - elbow and shoulder I was sent to the ER for the X-Ray exam. 

On Dec. 9th, I went to the hospital with my daughter to prepare for the surgery room and the doctors were working on my arm for 7 hours. No cast at all, just the wrapping arm and put it in the slinger to hold my right arm until I saw Doctor on Dec. 19th. Then the nurse came in to remove 61 staples off my right arm. 

On Jan. 8th, we went to Hope Orthopedic for my therapy on my hand first, then later on the therapist working on my elbow after few weeks later. Tomorrow (Jan 28) we (Julie and I) go together to the therapy to exercise more on my right arm.

My elbow is smashed and had to remove the pieces of bone and made bone paste to cover the damage bone and put two plates with 20 screws.  My shoulder was clean cut so less mess than my elbow (one plate with 12 screws) in my right shoulder. So far, I am still struggled with the limit movement, but keep my spirit up. ๐Ÿ˜€ Jeanne


No comments: