Monday, December 31, 2007

What interest me about the incense?

Written on August 16, 2008 to preserve the titles for a short time under 12/31/07. Here's the brief story of how "The Incense" had started with Malachi 1:11.

In the Old Testament Bible, I was thinking of which book I would like to start reading so I chose the book of Malachi. The key verse was Malachi 1:11 NCV: "'From the east to the west I will be honored among the nations. Everywhere they will bring incense and clean offerings to me, because I will be honored among the nations,' says the Lord All-Powerful." I asked this question: Where would God find the nations, the Gentiles who would bring the incense to Him? What kind of incense?

I began the research on "the incense" and the information are on the list of blogger. I gave two presentations about "The Incense Part one and two" [Oct. 28, 2007 and Feb. 23, 2008]. There are two dvds if you are interested, contact dotcallies@hotmail.com.

The candles displayed were given at the beginning of the workshop and I had one lady who came up front with two gifts for her labor. I was told that she loved "the incense" and her first gift was her favorite, the pumpkin spice candle. The second gift, she smelled it and she had guessed the candle was cranberry. This attracted everyone what I was up to, about "The Incense." We talked about the perfume that smelled good. I looked at the audience and said, "Didn't you know that God loves perfume?” The audience was surprised. God loves the smell of the special perfume? Yes, He does. The incense details are on the list of the blogger.

Malachi 1:11 fulfilled the prophecy 400 years later, what God was looking for the kind of spiritual incense which was worship, praise and adoration in the Spirit toward Him. The book of Acts 2 began with the outpouring of the Holy Spirit upon the believers and they became "the incense." In chapter 10 of Acts was the story of the first Gentile, Cornelius and the whole group offered "the incense" of worship, praise and adoration in the Spirit. Since 2,000 years, many Gentile nations and millions of people offer "the incense of worship" to Him. So that is the clue, the incense is the kind of worship, praise and adoration that becomes sweet smelling incense to Him. This is far better and clean offering God is talking about in the book of Malachi. Our prayer goes to the throne of God, where? At the Golden Altar. It is awesome to know that our worship, praise and adoration toward our God now become the incense that God loves to smell.